May 30, 2010

Aroha Silhouettes Vs The Slot Of Doom

I go through phases of obsessing about packaging. Seriously, hours and hours disappear while I google every possible word I can think of that might lead me to the nonexistent company that sells exactly what I need. It’s both frustrating and addictive at the same time!

The reason it goes in phases is because I end up throwing my arms in the air and going ‘why the *#%$ can’t I just buy lightweight slim black boxes with a non tacky insert that fits through Canada Posts 2 cm evil slot of doom!’ and then I give up. Until a week or two later when I try again. It’s a total love hate relationship.

Here’s a couple of my favourite jewellery designers that have totally nailed slim and lightweight packaging for their gorgeous pieces.

byAMT use layers of die cut museum board which is held together by cute little rubber bands. Clever cookies ...


Bandada
use shaped medium density fiberboard to create really unique boxes for their jewellery ...


I refuse giving up hope, the right packaging for my jewellery is out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

0 comments :